Monday, January 23, 2006

Getting the Idea




There is too many ideas to make a short film. You can cover all grounds from drama to sci-fi. A short could be some thing really artsy and personal or can be something than anyone can relate to.

I got my idea out of a combination of collected experiences and a joke in a Readers Digest magazine my dad had in the bathroom. The joke is about a boy who buys condoms from a pharmacist, later during dinner at his girlfriend's house, he reliances that the pharmacist is his girlfriend's dad.

Very simple, this is probably a 5 sentence joke, but keep in mid that almost any narrative, story or joke has the tree basic elements of story telling; Beginning, Middle and End.
I had chosen characters, plot and setting out of joke printed in a magazine. I was obviously not trying to be too deep, or at least at the beginning.

No comments: